This website domain, www.empressthemes.com (“Site”), is owned and operated by EmPress Studios LLC dba EmPress Themes (“EmPress Themes”). EmPress Themes sells pre-made WordPress themes and associated plugins. In addition to these digital products, the Site also offers resources for bloggers and digital influencers via a help desk, blog, and related social media platforms (the “Services”).
Personal Data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing: Any operation or set of operations that is performed on Personal Data or on Sets of Personal Data.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
EmPress Themes follows the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, and transparent. Our processing activities are lawful. We always consider your rights before processing any Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose for which the data is processed.
- Processing is done with the minimal amount of data. We only gather and process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to a certain time. We will not store Personal Data longer than necessary.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of any data we store.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of all data we store.
You, as the person whose data is being processed (“Data Subject”), have the following rights:
- Right to Information: You have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to Access: You have the right to access the data collected from and about you. This includes your right to request and obtain your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances, you may request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to Restrict Processing: Where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to Object to Processing: In certain cases, you have the right to object to processing of your Personal Data, for example, in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to Object to Automated Processing: You have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. You may exercise this right whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly effecting you.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format, or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one processor to another.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: If we refuse your request under the Right to Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: You have the right to withdraw any given consent for processing of your Personal Data.
DATA WE GATHER
Information You Provide to Us. This might include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, mailing address, and payment information. Mainly, information that is necessary for providing you with a product and/or service or to enhance your experience with our Services and EmPress Themes. We save the information you provide to us for you to receive email newsletters, receive promotional material, receive communication directly from EmPress Themes, and for you to perform other activities on the Site.
EmPress Themes may use online payment processors for online purchases made through the Site. During the checkout process, our payment processors collect your payment information and may retain a record of it. This information is not stored by EmPress Themes.
Information Automatically Collected About You. This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address. This information is used to improve your user experience. When you use our Services, your online activities may be logged.
Publicly Available Information. We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
Any Information You Provide. Any sensitive personal information you provide solely to us will be considered confidential and will be safeguarded to the best of our ability. This does not include any information you post or submit to EmPress Themes publicly, for example, through reviews or comments on the Site and social media pages.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your Personal Data to:
- Provide our Services to you, including but not limited to providing you with other products and services that you have requested or purchased, providing you with promotional items at your request, and communicating with you in relation to those products and services, communicating and interacting with you, and notifying you of changes to any Services;
- Enhance your user experience;
- Fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
- Gain information via Google Analytics such as the country in which you reside in and how many pages you visit on our site; and
- Ensure you are a real person and not a bot when leaving comments and reviews and submitting information via EmPress Themes.
We only use your Personal Data for legitimate reasons.
We may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To identify you;
- To provide you a service and to send or offer you a product or service;
- To send you emails after you have submitted your information and subscribed to our email list;
- To send you personalized offers (from us and our carefully selected partners) and emails;
- To administer and analyze our visitor and client base (behavior and history) to improve the quality, variety, and availability of Services and products offered and provided; and
- To conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction.
So long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you our Services and products that are similar or the same to your browsing behavior to be in our legitimate interest.
We may process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure the following:
- The link between the purposes, content, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further processing;
- The further processing would not harm your interests; and
- There would be appropriate safeguards for processing.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies are information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our Site. You can control your cookie settings at the browser level.
You can remove cookies stored on your computer via your browser settings. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary Cookies: These cookies are required for our Site to function properly.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies provide functionality that makes using our Services more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and email in any online forms so that you do not have to re-enter this information next time when commenting or submitting information.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies are used to track the use and performance of our Site and
- Advertising Cookies: At times, we may use these cookies, which are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. If used, they are placed on the Site by advertising networks with our permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other trusted third parties, such as advertisers.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
WHO ELSE CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not share your Personal Data with third parties other than the connected third parties described below.
CONNECTED THIRD PARTIES
We only work with processing partners who can ensure adequate levels of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties who are performing Services for us, such as the servers for our email communications who are solely provided access to your email address when submitted by you for purposes of sending emails from EmPress Themes to you. We may disclose your Personal Data to public officials if we are legally obligated to do so.
Examples of specific connected third parties we use include but are not limited to the following:
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site—you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
ActiveCampaign our newsletter platform, which we use to send newsletters and purchase follow ups.
Bloglovin’, which allows you to subscribe to our blog.
Jetpack, which provides functional services and tools used on our site, as well as with data about how individuals use our site.
Lastly, we use a number of affiliate programs on our Site. By clicking through these links, we may receive a small commission or receive a discount on products or services as a result of the click through(s). We reserve the right to display affiliate links throughout our Site.
Click on any of the third parties as linked in this paragraph to view their own Privacy Policies.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonyms and pseudonyms where suitable. We monitor EmPress Themes for possible vulnerabilities and attacks with security software.
With that said, we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, if, to our knowledge, any data breaches occur, we will notify suitable authorities. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do what we reasonably can to prevent such security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Updated: March 2023